On upgrading to a Vodafone SuperNet 4G SIM, Vodafone prepaid customers with 4G handsets can enjoy the one-time offer of 4GB data free for a period of 10 days. (File photo)
Vodafone India has announced that its subscribers based out of Mumbai will get 4GB data free by upgrading to Vodafone 4G. The 4G SIMs are available at all Vodafone Stores, Vodafone Mini Stores or multi brand outlets located across Mumbai.
Post the upgrade to a SuperNet 4G SIM, Vodafone prepaid customers with 4G handsets can enjoy the one-time offer of 4GB data free for a period of 10 days, while postpaid customers can avail free 4GB data till their next billing date on a 4G handset. The 4GB free data shall be added to the customer’s data balance on upgrading to a 4G SIM.
Here’s what you need to do:
1. Walk in to any nearby Vodafone Store, Vodafone Mini Store or multi brand outlet and get your 4G SIM
2. To activate the 4G SIM card, use your existing Vodafone number to SMS ‘SIMEX ’ to 55199 (this number will be available on the new SIM card/jacket given to you)
3. You will receive a response SMS from 55199 with partial SIM number entered
4. Please send the last 6 digits of the new SIM number to 55199 within 2 hours of receiving the SMS mentioned in the above step
5. You will receive a success SMS, post which your 4G SIM will be activated within 20 minutes.
6. Subsequently, replace your old SIM in the handset with the new 4G SIM and continue to enjoy un-interrupted Vodafone services.
In case customers face any issues with the SIM upgrade process, they can call 199 or seek assistance from the staff at any Vodafone retail store.
Vodafone SuperNet 4G services are available across 17 circles in India – Kerala, Kolkata, Karnataka, Delhi, Mumbai, Gujarat, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh (East), West Bengal, Haryana, Rajasthan, Punjab, Assam & North East, Odisha, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra & Goa, Uttar Pradesh (West).