my friends iPhone 11 (iOS 15.6.1) stopped receiving VOIP calls in apps when the app is killed
Steps to reproduce
– Kill any app using VOIP (CallKit) such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, Instagram
– Call the device from any other device
On the iPhone 11, nothing happens and no call notifications are displayed.
Other things I’ve observed
– when the app is just in the background (not killed) it works
– when the app is killed, message push notification of those app work fine
What I’ve tried so far
– rebooting the device
– resetting the network settings
– all apps and iOS is up to date
Being an iOS developer myself, I know that apps should not be killed but I know that push notifications and call notifications (CallKit) are not related to the state of the app and should be received even if the app is killed.
Any idea what could be wrong?