Warning: "continue" targeting switch is equivalent to "break". Did you mean to use "continue 2"? in /homepages/8/d625981070/htdocs/mvnoblog/wp-includes/pomo/plural-forms.php on line 210
Slovakian Government Plans Sale of 49% Stake in Slovak Telekom - MVNO MVNE MNO Mobile & Telecoms industry intelligence
Wednesday , 17 July 2019
Breaking News
Slovakian Government Plans Sale of 49% Stake in Slovak Telekom

Slovakian Government Plans Sale of 49% Stake in Slovak Telekom

Published on: 8th Apr 2015

Slovakia’s government has announced plans to sell off its 49% stake in the country’s largest telecoms operator, Slovak Telekom.

The company is currently 51% owned by Germany’s  Deutsche Telekom, which also has a right of first refusal to buy the remaining 49% stake if put up for sale by the government.

If Deutsche Telekom declines to take full ownership of the company, then the Slovak government is looking to list the company in Slovakia, the Czech Republic and London.

Deutsche Telekom has confirmed that it intends to maintain its 51% stake, so wont be selling any shares, but hasn’t decided on whether it will increase its stake.

Slovak Telekom didn’t specify when exactly the IPO might take place, but the Slovak government has earlier said the sale could generate up to US$1 billion and it wants to complete the sale by the end of this year.

“The IPO will mark an important next step in our development and bring greater visibility to the value we intend to create,” Miroslav Majoros, the chief executive of Slovak Telekom, said in a statement.

Tags: slovak telekom  Slovakia 

Sample Copy

Article Source

Share and Enjoy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

Email
Print