Today Google released its new Google Fit app into the Google Play store, an app designed to compete with Apple’s HealthKit.
According to Google, the newly launched app includes your run-of-the-mill activity tracking features, supports third-party integrations and Android wear devices, and enables users to “set goals based on either duration or steps.”
Here’s a closer look at the new app:
More details, from Google:
• Just carry your phone and get access to your walking, running and cycling activity.
• Reach your fitness goals
• Set goals based on either duration or steps and see your progress throughout the day.
• Receive performance-based recommendations for activity goals.
A comprehensive view of your fitness
• Connect third party devices and apps to Fit and we’ll show you all of your fitness data in one place.
• Compatible with all Android Wear devices.
• Also access Google Fit on the web at http://www.google.com/fit and on your tablet.