DUBLIN, Nov 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ —
The "Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO) Market Size, Share & Trends Analysis Report By Type (M2M, Discount, Roaming), By Operational Model, By End Use (Consumer, Enterprise), And Segment Forecasts, 2018 – 2025" report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The global mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) market size is expected to reach USD 94.82 billion by 2025 and is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of 7.6% during the forecast period.
This can be attributed to growing demand for data services and increasing number of mobile users across the globe. In addition, increasing number of services such as cloud, Machine-to-Machine (M2M), and mobile money are expected to drive MVNO demand further.
Growing demand to access mobile applications, social media, and multimedia services is also expected to propel the MVNO market over the forecast period. Declining prices of smartphones are resulting in increasing number of subscribers across the globe, which is expected to drive the MVNO market. Furthermore, increasing partnerships between key companies for providing high-speed data services to consumers is anticipated to propel the market in the years to come.
Favorable government guidelines for MVNOs that allow them to access Single Wholesale Network (SWN) and mobile operator networks while eliminating national roaming charges will also augment market development. Government initiatives like the Digital Single Market (DSM) strategy, to eliminate copyright issues and geo-blocking problems and to provide better network services in Europe, are expected to spur market growth.
Growing number of market entrants has led to increased competition among service providers. This has led companies to offer mobile services at cheaper rates, which is also expected to strengthen market growth. The MVNO model is considered cost-effective and time-efficient to enter into the telecom market. This is expected to provide potential opportunities for new market entrants.
Further key findings from the study suggest:
- By type, the discount segment is expected to account for the largest market share, in terms of revenue, expanding at the highest CAGR of over 7.0% from 2018 to 2025. High competition among MVNO service providers to provide better and low-cost services and consumer preference for services offered at a discount are expected to drive the segment
- By operational model, the service operator segment is expected to register the highest CAGR as it provides various service platforms such as voicemail and missed call notifications
- The consumer segment is projected to be the dominant end-use segment over the forecast period. It is likely to register a CAGR of 7.4% from 2018 to 2025. This growth can be attributed to MVNOs that provide customer-centric offerings such as latest technologies and affordable data and voice plans
- North America is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period and is anticipated to reach USD 37.28 billion by 2025. High demand for efficient cellular network, coupled with increasing speed of mobile broadband, are factors positively impacting the market in North America
- Key companies in the market include AirVoice Wireless, Boost Mobile LLC, Asahi Net, Inc., CJ HelloVision Co. Ltd, Exetel, Cyfrowy Polsat SA, FreedomPop, 7-Eleven Speak Out Wireless, Freenet AG, FirmTel, and Japan Communications Inc.
Key Topics Covered:
Chapter 1 Methodology and Scope
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Research Scope & Assumptions
1.3 List of Data Sources
Chapter 2 Executive Summary
2.1 MVNO Market – Industry Snapshot & Key Buying Criteria, 2014 – 2025
2.2 Global MVNO Market, 2014 – 2025
2.2.1 Global MVNO market, by region, 2014 – 2025
2.2.2 Global MVNO market, by type, 2014 – 2025
2.2.3 Global MVNO market, by operational model, 2014 – 2025
2.2.4 Global MVNO market, by end-use, 2014 – 2025
Chapter 3 MVNO Industry Outlook
3.1 Market Segmentation & Scope
3.2 Market Size and Growth Prospects
3.3 MVNO – Value Chain Analysis
3.3.1 Vendor landscape
3.4 MVNO Market Dynamics
3.4.1 Market driver analysis
18.104.22.168 Growing mobile subscriber base
22.214.171.124 Increasing demand for mobile broadband and smartphones
126.96.36.199 Technological advancements
3.4.2 Market restraint analysis
188.8.131.52 Lack of awareness and expertise
3.5 Key Opportunities Prioritized
3.6 MVNO – Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.7 MVNO – Company Market Share Analysis, 2017
3.8 MVNO – PESTEL Analysis
Chapter 4 MVNO Type Outlook
4.1 MVNO Market Share by Type, 2017
4.2.1 Business MVNO market, 2014 – 2025
Chapter 5 MVNO Operational Model Outlook
5.1 MVNO Market Share by Operational Model, 2017
5.2 Full MVNO
5.3 Reseller MVNO
5.4 Service Operator MVNO
Chapter 6 MVNO End-use Outlook
6.1 MVNO Market Share by End-use, 2017
Chapter 7 MVNO Regional Outlook
Chapter 8 Competitive Landscape
- 7-Eleven Speak Out Wireless
- AirVoice Wireless
- Asahi Net
- Boost Mobile LLC
- CJ HelloVision Co. Ltd.
- Cyfrowy Polsat SA
- Drillisch Telecom
- Freenet AG
- FRiENDi Mobile
- Japan Communications Inc
- KDDI Mobile
- Kore Telematics
- Lebara Group
- Lyca Mobile
- ONO Spain
- Ortel Mobile
- PlatinumTel Communications, LLC
- PLDT Hong Kong
- Poste Mobile SpA
- Quebecor Inc. (Canada)
- Rakuten Mobile
- SK Telecom
- TalkTalk Group
- Tesco Mobile Ltd.
- Ting Inc.
- TracFone Wireless Inc
- UPP Wireless
- Virgin Mobile
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/wv72c2/global_mobile?w=5
Did you know that we also offer Custom Research? Visit our Custom Research page to learn more and schedule a meeting with our Custom Research Manager.
Research and Markets
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call +1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call +1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
U.S. Fax: 646-607-1907
Fax (outside U.S.): +353-1-481-1716
SOURCE Research and Markets